TAKE THAT FIRST STEP
The first step in a new direction doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be a step. Just take that step.The first step is always the hardest but once you take your first step, things will get easier from then on.
No matter what the step is that you are trying to make, whether its a job, a relationship or even making a purchase.
Do not give up the beginning is always the hardest, so just keep on going till the very end.
Do you have a dream deep in your heart that you want to pursue? If you do, have you taken the first step necessary to achieve it? Taking the first step is perhaps the most difficult thing to do in achieving a dream. There are a lot of mental obstacles that make it difficult to take that first step.
Here are some don'ts to help you solve the mental obstacles that sometimes keep us in the way of our very own selves.
-Don’t wait until the situation is perfect, is anything ever the perfect timing. You should not wait until the situation is perfect because the situation will never be perfect.
-No matter how or when you see it, there will always be something that make you think again. Keep those negative feelings at bay and keep positive and focus on what you are going after.
-Don’t wait until other people agree with you. You are not pleasing anyone but yourself, Just like you shouldn’t wait for the situation to be perfect, you shouldn’t wait until everybody agrees with your idea. There will always be opposition, and that is perfectly normal. If you wait until you get everyone to agree with you, then you will never start.
-Don’t wait until your skill is good. We might think that we need to have good skill before we start doing something. But the truth is, you will learn much more by having that hands on experience than by waiting and trying to master that skill before you begin. Doing allows you to improve upon your skill much faster.
As you can see, in the points above have the words don’t wait in them. So the bottom line is: the best time to start is now. So get your feet moving and follow dreams. Start with those first steps. Its the biggest and yes, the most hardest.
I am learning this in my new daily blogging experience. When I started my blog years ago, I didn't give it much thought and it just sat there, I didn’t have the skill to create good content, I actually still don't. But this year, I decided that I wanted to start blogging again anyway. Hopefully, the experience will teach me a lot. While there is still a lot of room for so much improvement, I’m now amazed to see what I’m going to learn along the way. .
In closing, here are some more things you should do to successfully take the first step:
1. Always believe in yourself and your dream.
Believing in your dream is important to get the motivation you need to achieve it. You simply can’t fool your own heart. You are destined to achieve and speak things into existence.
2. Visualize your dream.
Imagine it in all your details, big or small. Visualizing your dream will energize you because you can then see how the your life and those around you can change for the better.
3. Expect a hard way ahead.
While it’s not impossible to achieve your dream, it is definitely might not be an easy one. Instead, expect a hard one. That way, you won’t be surprised when you encounter obstacles along the way.
4. Take one step at a time.
Your dream may be big or small, and the size of it shouldn't matter because it is your dream and ONLY your dream. So just take a small portion of it that you can handle at a time. Think about something that you can do within one week, and then think about what you can do today. It could be as simple as calling a more experienced friend to ask some questions. Read, gather your thoughts and keep going.
-Don’t wait until other people agree with you. You are not pleasing anyone but yourself, Just like you shouldn’t wait for the situation to be perfect, you shouldn’t wait until everybody agrees with your idea. There will always be opposition, and that is perfectly normal. If you wait until you get everyone to agree with you, then you will never start.
-Don’t wait until your skill is good. We might think that we need to have good skill before we start doing something. But the truth is, you will learn much more by having that hands on experience than by waiting and trying to master that skill before you begin. Doing allows you to improve upon your skill much faster.
As you can see, in the points above have the words don’t wait in them. So the bottom line is: the best time to start is now. So get your feet moving and follow dreams. Start with those first steps. Its the biggest and yes, the most hardest.
I am learning this in my new daily blogging experience. When I started my blog years ago, I didn't give it much thought and it just sat there, I didn’t have the skill to create good content, I actually still don't. But this year, I decided that I wanted to start blogging again anyway. Hopefully, the experience will teach me a lot. While there is still a lot of room for so much improvement, I’m now amazed to see what I’m going to learn along the way. .
In closing, here are some more things you should do to successfully take the first step:
1. Always believe in yourself and your dream.
Believing in your dream is important to get the motivation you need to achieve it. You simply can’t fool your own heart. You are destined to achieve and speak things into existence.
2. Visualize your dream.
Imagine it in all your details, big or small. Visualizing your dream will energize you because you can then see how the your life and those around you can change for the better.
3. Expect a hard way ahead.
While it’s not impossible to achieve your dream, it is definitely might not be an easy one. Instead, expect a hard one. That way, you won’t be surprised when you encounter obstacles along the way.
4. Take one step at a time.
Your dream may be big or small, and the size of it shouldn't matter because it is your dream and ONLY your dream. So just take a small portion of it that you can handle at a time. Think about something that you can do within one week, and then think about what you can do today. It could be as simple as calling a more experienced friend to ask some questions. Read, gather your thoughts and keep going.
With love,
Maria
Comments