AS 2018 COMES TO A CLOSE


As 2018 comes to a close,  I have many reasons to be thankful for this past year.  At the same time,  I'm very happy for the way things in my life have gone.

As for me, well I'm alive, breathing. I  smile more daily, I find the positive in life. I discovered the strength and determination within myself. I've battled fears and have also made some fears beat me. 

I work doing a job I love. I have met so many nice people and I'm blessed to call them friends.  I'm completely honored and in awe by people who love and care about me.

I have the ability and skills to cook meals for my family and share with all of you. I've never had anything bad come out of my kitchen yet.  I've also never met anyone who doesn't like my cooking.

I have a daughter who is the most amazing, supportive, and loving child ever; she's extremely happy and blessed beyond words. She has gone back to school and she is fulfilling her dream to help others. She's where she wants to be. I know one day she will have that dream come true. It's my one goal in life to see her through to her dream.

Also, this past summer, she and her boyfriend bought a house together.  Everyone was placing bets on how long it would take me to cry after she moved out.  Haha.  I haven't shed any tears. You wanna know why?  Because she's got a terrific boyfriend who supports her. Actually,  they lean on one another. What mother wouldn't cherish that? 

I've got true friends who are there for me, whether it's lifting me up at times or bringing me back down to reality at other times. I can't thank you all enough for being in my life. 

I'm finally on the road to being the healthiest I've ever been.  I'm beyond thankful for how far I've come.  I'm taking my life back and I'm in control of my medical care.

This year was about me finding myself again because I was lost for so long. Next year it's going to about making more time for me, spending time with loved ones, learning more about my camera, and seeing more of the great outdoors. I'm also going to volunteer some of my time in helping a local charitable organization. 


Could life get any better? I don't think so. I'm not stressing, I'm taking each day in stride. I have to.   I can't control what's out of my control. I have to live life to the best of my ability for what I am happy to be given. 

We all need to stop with the hatred and anger. We must all learn to live like there's no tomorrow, and learn to love more. 

We have to stop with the  I miss you and the one day I'll be there. That one day may not ever be there. You miss your friend?  Go see them.  You want to go to the beach for the day? Go! Your life is what you make of it. Only you are in control. 

Wake up every day with the notion that you will see the positive in every situation. Hard times do not last forever. There's always a light for you to see, regardless the situation. As long as you have love in your heart you are beyond blessed.  Find your reason to be alive.  

Friendships do not last forever. I've found this out. Spend time with the ones you cherish.  I really believe in the "reason, season or lifetime" poem. If you haven't read it,  please do.   

Have you taken a moment to truly appreciate what your life truly means to YOU? Take a moment to reflect, it really helps to do some soul searching.  I have. 

Have a joyous,  blessed Christmas and a prosperous New Year everyone. 

Much love. 
Mamma Ree xoxo

Comments

Jana said…
Love you! You're an amazing woman.
Very happy to call you my friend.
Cheers to an amazing 2019
Laura C said…
And this my online friend is why my house is out of control - LOL - so worth it though

"We have to stop with the I miss you and the one day I'll be there. That one day may not ever be there. You miss your friend? Go see them. You want to go to the beach for the day? Go! Your life is what you make of it. Only you are in control.

Wake up every day with the notion that you will see the positive in every situation. Hard times do not last forever. There's always a light for you to see, regardless the situation. As long as you have love in your heart you are beyond blessed. Find your reason to be alive.