GINGERBREAD CRUSTED EGG NOG CHEESECAKE





Gingerbread Crusted Egg Nog Cheesecake

For the crust,  I used gnomgnomyum's recipe for ultra crisp gingerbread cookies. These are absolutely deeeee-licious. Psssst, the dough is delicious raw too. Shhh lol


First, I made about 20 small quarter sized cookie shapes and put them in the fridge while I made the crust.

I used a 10 inch springform pan.  I prefer my cheesecakes to be smaller in height. So of you like a taller cheesecake,  but all means use a 9 inch pan instead. 

I used a parchment circle on the bottom, and used a wee touch of olive oil spray to coat the sides.

I pressed the gingerbread dough on to the bottom and up about 1/2 inch on the side of the pan.

Bake the crust along with the cookies on 350° for about 5-6 minutes, remove the crust but keep the cookies in until they are cooked to deep golden as suggested in the recipe.

Continue on now ...
While that's baking mix up your cheesecake (recipe below) 
For the cheesecake:
3, 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
4 eggs
1.5 teaspoons ooo egg nog flavor
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup sweetener of choice,  I used Pyure,  adjust accordingly.

Beat cream cheese then combine with sweetener, sour cream and extracts.
 
Once combined add the eggs one at a time, and continue thoroughly after each egg. 

Pour into pre baked gingerbread crust, bake for 40-45 minutes.  

*DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR.  Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in there for 2-3 hours. 

Remove & refrigerate overnight.  This is my secret to not having a cracked top. It works for me, however, do what works best for you.  Some bakers still use a water bath, mine failed miserably, so I no longer use that method.

After you refrigerate the cheesecake,  at least overnight. Right before serving,  make your icing which I have posted below.

For the icing:
6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
1/2 stick of butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or rum extract)
1 tablespoon almond milk

Blend the cream cheese til fluffy with a hand mixer.  Then add in the remaining ingredients and blend all together.  Place into a piping bag and decorate your cheesecake with a cookie in each swirl. 

This cheesecake is very rich. I was able to get 18 slices out of this recipe.

Hope you make this, please come back and let me know.

If you would like a video made please check out https://linktr.ee/colourfulketowithdori


Comments