January 7, 2022, Throwback
Happy Sweet 16 Taylor Marie!
January 2nd, 2009
My Sweet Sweet Baby Girl Taylor Marie:
It's hard to imagine that 16 years ago I was about to give birth to a child. I didn't think I was ready to be a mom. I wasn't sure if I would make mistakes or raise you the way society expects a young woman to be raised. I gave it my best and I gave you my all.
I was scared, I read books upon books, learning things I never thought of before. I had many opinions from family on what to do and how to do it. But I decided that the best way to raise my little girl was with plenty of love.
You have made remarkable strides your whole life. Starting at a mere 6 months old you were walking, running at full throttle at 9 months old. You were potty trained fully at 13 months old. I breast fed you until you were 10 months old, and you went right to a cup at that point, and I was so proud of that little step in your life. As proud as any mother can be.
You talked up a storm at such a young age and you haven't stopped since. Mommy's ears have been blessed with some of the best conversations ever.
Your creativity and artistic talent showed when you were just 4 years old. It was Thanksgiving 1997 I remember that day like it was yesterday, when you walked up to me and said, "Look Mommy I drew the Titanic" I still have that drawing, it's a piece of history of your life that I will never forget.
You love school and you have had many teachers touch your life and inspire you and I think it's amazing how you express that to them. They will forever remember that one day when they look back to the students who meant something to them. You will surely be one of them.
You have helped countless others in the many things you have done in your life. From donating 15 inches of your hair to "Locks of Love", and to collecting food donations for needy familys, and collecting winter coats for the homeless. You have met personally with 2 different mayors of our town, and you have inspired many others to do the same in helping others.
You were bit by the acting/performing bug when you started dance class at 3 years old. You met an amazing teacher; Miss Kim and she has been a part of your life ever since. You look up to her and she has never disappointed you in anything. She has always been there for you. She is definitely an amazing role model, friend and confidante to you.
From dance and art to softball and soccer, volleyball and karate, to cheer leading, your skills have all been amazing and incredible. No matter what you do, you give it your all and never quit. "Mamma didn't raise no quitter" and you make me proud of what you can accomplish.
It's almost unimaginable that in just 3 years you will be entering college. I want you to know that you will go far with your life if you keep believing in yourself.
We have been through a lot of ups and downs, but we never forgot the love we have for each other. You are an amazing daughter and I love you with everything that I have.
Happy Sweet 16 to you!
Happy Birthday to one of the most amazing, most beautiful and talented young ladies I know. I am proud of all you have accomplished in the past 16 years. Every day takes you another step further towards your future. Never look back and always keep reaching for your goals. Never let anyone or anything stand in your way. I wish you a year filled with many life changing moments to remember as you grow older and wiser. Spread your wings and never be afraid to succeed and stand true to your beliefs. Don't give in to peer pressure. You are incredible because of who you have become. You have become who you are because of what you believe in. Dare to dream and achieve and make your mark on the world.
I love you forever and always, my baby you'll be!
I love you Princess,
Mommy
Comments