My word for 2022 is HOPE !!
I chose this word because of the various meanings behind it for me. Some of those I have shared with a few of you throughout the past couple of years.
Hope is the one thing that can help me get through the some of my dark times. When the world and everything around me as of late just seems so impossible, I just need to focus and be more thankful and positive and operate my mind full of hope. I am working on that each and every day. Every day I am truly blessed to see another day. I need to be more thankful and positive.
Hope is also more than a feel good emotion to me. Hope has also helped me to control my emotions, and improve my mental health, reduce my stress and improve my relationships with my friends, doctors and others all around me.
While I agree that holding on to hope is an art all on its own, all of the different pathways it offers help to heal me in my recovery both mentally and physically is my biggest challenge. Sometimes it can be exhausting and other times it is very fulfilling,
When things don’t go as planned, I need to remain hopeful and will look at different ways to try and reach my ultimate goals, instead of giving up on them so easily and becoming an emotional wreck.
It’s important to remember that hoping is not the same as wishing. A wish is a positive desire you think about. A hope is more concrete and requires you to work.
Some of the goals I would like to achieve this year for my healing are to:
1) Spend a lot of time around hopeful people – it tends to be contagious.
2) I need to pay attention to my thoughts. If I'm having pessimistic feelings, I will try to think them through in the opposite way and imagine them optimistically.
3) I will always practice gratitude. Appreciating the all of the little things around me makes it easier to imagine and believe in more good things. It's a great cycle to repeat over and over again.
4) I will create a mind map full of hope, and nothing less. I will refer to #3 if I should start having any doubts.
*While this post isn't just for me or about me, Id like to get you all involved as well. Pick your own word, tell me why you picked it below. You don't need to go into great detail.
I want to challenge you as well.
Be the star in someone's night. Be the light that shines into someone's darkness when they feel they have no way out. Show them that there truly is hope.
We all know that hope is widely used by so many. It totally and truly represents the possibility of a positive outcome, a beacon of light, if you will, in this world when all we see is darkness.
I need to have hope. It will motivate me to move forward because life is a never ending flow of hardships, trials, and tribulations. When I have hope, I can definitely navigate those rough times without despair or feeling hopeless.
Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.
Fear will never build the future, but hope surely will. Let's be the change, one day at a time, one hope at a time. Let us all do better, smile more, help one another and truly hold on to hope. Together we can and will do this.
Here's to a wonderful and better 2022 filled with so much HOPE.
With Love,
Maria (Mamma Ree)
Comments