Thoughts for Monday January 3, 2022
*I DONT HAVE TO.
I don’t have to go out of my way. I don’t have to be the bigger person. I don’t have to fix anything I didn’t break. I don’t have to reach out to those who don’t reach out to me. I don’t have to support those who don’t support me. I don’t have to try to make everyone happy.
Although, anyone that knows me knows I will give the shirt off my back! I have and I will continue to do so. I'm a giver, I'm an empath. It's in my bones to be kind and generous. It's how my parents raised me and those of you who have known me since childhood know this about me.
Most importantly put yourself first! Be your own advocate for your physical and mental health. If you don't like what the doctor said to you or how the doctor treats you, let them know about it. Stand up for yourself. During this pandemic so many doctors and nurses are simply worn out. However, it's not an excuse to treat you poorly. Keep advocating until you get the answer you need or want. If you don't get it, it's time for a change. Change can be scary and at the same time could be one of the bets decisions of your life. Take that leap.
The same advice goes for your job. You don't have to take crap from your coworkers, what makes you think that you need to take it from your boss. If you don't like the way you are being treated, you need to speak up. Remain calm, breathe, and speak your thoughts. People need to take accountability for their behavior.
Today I took a hold of my mental health and told my psychiatrist once and for all I want to go off my medication. She finally agreed with me after me telling her this for the last 6 months. I'm finally being heard. I was at the point that if she wasn't going to allow me to wean off of it that was I was going to find someone who would. It feels good to know I don't have to take this medication She asked me the reason why I wanted off and I told her and she was actually ok with my reasonings. I even told her she has my permission to talk to my therapist.
I don't have to accept disrespect from anyone in my inner circle. Life is too short to put up with any of that. If you disrespect me, I believe it's your time to go. I don't even want to give you a second chance.
I don't have to wash those dishes that have been sitting in the sink all day if I want to spend time alone and doing things for myself. Time for me is very important. It's what I need to hold on to hope and to survive day by day.
I don't have to put that laundry away that's been sitting there in the basket all day if I'm just too exhausted to do it today, tomorrow is another day. If I need to, I will learn to ask for help. It's not selfish or weak of me to need assistance when my body just can't go any further.
I don't have to get out of my pajamas if I want to be comfortable today. Life is so uncertain and it's important to hold on to what makes you feel your best. Whether it's in your pajamas on the sofa or in your jeans and favorite sweater.
I don't have to go anywhere that makes me feel uncomfortable. Whether it's at the market or the doctor's office. I have very high anxiety and sometimes being around strangers can trigger me. It's ok to ask someone to go for me, or order curbside pickup. You can do the same.
What I am getting at is its totally ok to say I DON'T HAVE TO !!!
It's ok to finally love yourself and in doing so revert to say I DONT HAVE TO more often and put yourself FIRST! Enjoy the small things and take nothing for granted. Learn to say no. Find the good in everyone you meet. Smile more and enjoy the present.
Get out of your own way, take your vitamins, drink your water, take care of yourself,and move more !! You'll see how much more happy your life will start becoming.
Hope you all enjoyed reading my blog. I would love some comments and feedback below.
With love,
Maria
*The views posted above are mine, you don't have to agree with them
Comments